Thursday 16 January 2014

Don't you worry child :)


One night, while I was sitting and sipping on my green tea, I realised that I was humming the tune of ‘Don’t you worry Child’ by Swedish House Mafia. That song is surely one of my favourites, the tune jumps into my brain and bounces there forever. But for some reason, that night ... I completely zoned out and the song took me to a completely different world. Maybe I was over thinking, but I realised that the song has so much meaning to it.



It made me realise how I was so different as a kid, a little more carefree, little less judgemental, a lot more happy ... and then I grew up and reality hit me. Exactly like the song!!!
Have you ever stopped to think about the words? How the song starts with a ‘happy’ time when, as a young boy, he was the ‘king’ , on a ‘golden throne’. And then he comes back to the present and says that ‘those days are gone’ and they are now just memories. He believes that everything changed.

Isn’t life like that?? When you’re a child, you’re safe, secure, loved, carefree and happy and you suddenly grow up and you’re made to face the world!! At least I feel like that at times. Alone in a crowd! I feel that I have suddenly grown up, all independent, I feel that ... one wrong move and I’m finished, I feel judged and yes, scared !

Coming back to the song, he is surely in despair and he is broken but still finds comfort in his father’s words, ‘Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you’.
I think we can all relate to this. The older we get, the more we live, the more likely we are to have our hearts broken, dreams shattered and relationships strained. But, in all these crisis whom do we turn to? A fond memory, parents, a friend?

I’ve realised, that for me as a Christian, this song has a much profound meaning. For we have a heavenly father, who invites us to come to him with all our worries and concerns – Big or Small. He tells us not to worry but to pray and tell him all our problems. Peace is ensured.
And, I am assured that God has a plan for us.

“ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope’’ – Jer 29:11

It’s not just that ‘heaven’ has a plan for you (whatever that actually means). It is God that has a plan for you, to change and become a better person and he can even use the heartbreaks and heartaches of life to make that happen.

But all said and done, a father can have a plan for his sons life but the son can chose to ignore it. So, we cant blame God for everything that happens and all the choices we make. He has given us the gift of free will and we need to exercise it well. For example, in a real life scenario a child does have free will, but a good father exercises control over the child and at the same time, allows the child to mature and make choices. He allows his child to learn by mistakes and failures. In the same way God has a perfect will and plan but also has permissive will, which allows us to learn the hard way.


So the next time your heart is broken, your dreams shattered, you feel rejected or relationships strained, remember :
1.    Don’t worry; you have a father who will take care of it. PRAY. Ask him to help you make the right choice.
2.    He has a plan for you. TRUST IN HIM.
3.    Listen to the lyrics sometimes. It got me writing this post.




Take care :)
xoxo
- Alisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment