Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year Resolutions 2014 :)

Hello,
So, we’ve said goodbye to 2013, all the Christmas eating and drinking and general merriment is left behind us and we are now looking to the next year and making those all-important resolutions, you know, the one's we make and try to keep every year?

So what do I plan on doing (and not doing) in 2014?
( Yes, I know making New year resolutions are a little too mainstream... but anyway ! )


1.EAT FOR HEALTH NOT WEIGHT
I know that one of the most commonly made New Year’s Resolutions is to lose weight. To get skinny is everyone’s favorite resolution.  But I feel a resolution to eat for health instead of weight loss could be a better choice. So, I am going to choose to eat in order to be healthy which will surely give me a side effect of weight loss. Not only will I be a slimmer version of myself but also a healthier one. YAY !


2. GET SLEEP
Yes, That! Get sleep!! I really don’t get enough sleep.


3. DRINK MORE WATER
I struggle with my daily intake of water, but I’m now going to make it a habit and limit the amount of sodas and sugary drinks in the house.

4. SPEND ONE DAY A MONTH ALONE
With the daily hustle-bustle, college, work, projects friends etc. I have forgotten how it is to spend time with myself. We all need alone time. So, I am now going to take time out for myself - Watch a few movies, catch up on my favorite shows, read a little bit, go shopping, or do anything that I enjoy - for myself and by myself

5. LEARN A LANGUAGE
I realised, that this could not only be fun, but really helpful in life. Whether I want to travel somewhere or don’t want to, it’s a great resume builder or just a lot of fun to show off. You never know when a new language will come in handy or what opportunities it will lead to. So, I’m going to continue with French that I left behind in junior college.

6. STOP BUYING JUNK AND SPENDING WISELY
I am so, so guilty of doing this! Buying stuff that I don’t even need just because they appear pretty. If I counted all of the money that I have wasted on useless junk, I'd be rich!

7. SPEND TIME WITH THOSE WHO MATTER
Due to the busy schedule, taking time out for myself has become a task. But coming to think of it, purposing to take time for those who matter is such an important thing in our lives. It is one of those very important things that slips by us if we are not careful. This is a decision I am sure I will never regret.

8. AVOID FRENEMIES
This resolution may sound odd if you’ve never had a frenemy, but if you do have one, then you know how much time and energy they can sap from you. They’re mean, cruel, and worst of all, they pretend to be your friend, and you just can’t seem to cut them loose. Well, this is the New Year, and I am done wasting time on people who don’t deserve me! Blahh ! Bye !

9. PURSUE A HOBBY
I remember how much I loved music and how into my keyboard I used to be. It’s been years I haven’t touched my keyboard. It’s funny how time flies and other things become a priority.

10.  THINK BEFORE I SPEAK
I know this is funny. But I’m sure most of y’all agree with me on this (Especially those who know me well). Haha. Here is an area that I have big trouble with. I know that I don’t really think before I talk most of the time. But I promise to work on it. I am also going to try my best to start listening more and talking less. Happy now?


So, those were my list of resolutions which I am going to try my best to stick to. If you think I need to work on anything else... do let me know.

Take Care.

Have an awesome year ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment